How To Motivate Your Employees?
Image Source - https://pixabay.com/photo-2470506/
Motivating your employees brings out the best out of them and leads to organizational growth. This article discusses the simple ways of motivating your employees.
Have you ever bothered to ask yourself as an entrepreneur what you would be without your employees? Human resource or better say employees are the most important resource when it comes to resources in every business or organization. Motivating your employees is the best way to get the best out of your organizations human resource in other to spearhead your business’s growth. So let us look at five ways to motivate your employees.
What is motivation?
Before we proceed, we need to understand the meaning of the word motivation. Motivation from the business perspective can be defined as the act of making an employee willingly work hard in order to achieve the organizations set objectives. In every organization employees are key to the organizations growth and success and the end result is monies in the pocket of the owner (s), hence in order to achieve the interest of employers and employees, there is the need for employers to motivate their employees. Below are five simple ways to motivate your employees;
- Define the objectives of the organization and make sure they (objectives) are well understood by all the employees, what the organization is all about and its (organization’s) goals and aspirations.
When employees get to know and understand what the organization is all about and were it is heading to, they are motivated to do their works even better as the growth of the organization would be in their personal interest with regards to future remunerations and the pride they would feel to work in a bigger organization.
- Satisfactory remuneration: When employees are paid well, they usually have no reason to complain; hence they focus on the job. Satisfactory wages or salary also makes the employees conscious about the goals of the organization and they (employees) would always put the company’s stake ahead. Apart from paying your employees good wages you should also make sure that their wages or salaries are paid on time.
- Reward outstanding employees: It is only fair that employees who give their all for the organization are noticed and rewarded according to their efforts. Rewarding outstanding employees motivates them to go the extra mile while setting good examples for other employees to follow.
- Have an effective human resource department: Sometimes you wonder why your organizations labour turnover is very high. High labour turnover is only expensive to your organsation because it takes away experienced employees. As a business owner or manager you sometimes don’t have the requisite skills to handle the interpersonal problems of your employees, hence you would need to have an effective human resource to handle these issues.
- Once in a while you need to organize a get together party for the entire employees as these promotes a sign of togetherness feeling among the employees. One thing you should note when organizing these get together parties for your employees is that during these parties the usual official communications are removed and employees can freely express themselves, hence there is no superior or subordinate.
Commission or brokerage is percentage or an allowance that a person gets for doing his business. It may be related to selling or buying of goods etc.
Health insurance is an essential plan to be adopted these days. But a large population is not aware of the benefits of health insurance.
As an entrepreneur it is imperative to look at possible ways to grow your business and the best way to do so is to have a good cash flow. The underlying article discusses how to increase your Entrepreneurial Dollar kn detail..
to comment on this post.